INNOVACERA® ceramic laser reflectors are high-efficiency diffuse reflectors. The perfect diffuse reflection and high reflection efficiency are effectively exploited in laser systems in the 500 nm to 1200 nm spectral range.
INNOVACERA® ceramic reflector is approximately 15-18% porous and virtually no absorption losses. It is suitable for dry cavity laser applications such as low energy air-cooled systems and higher energy laser systems
The curve shown below illustrates the reflectivity of the INNOVACERA® ceramic reflector.
Ceramic laser reflectors reduce and eliminate many of the shortcomings of PTFE polymer reflectors, polished metal specular reflectors, and packed powder diffuse reflectors. Here are some advantages of ceramic reflectors.
– Ceramic material is strong to resist breakage if a flashlamp explodes
– Glazed surfaces are corrosion resistant, allowing direct contact with coolants
– There is no plating to flake off like specular metal reflectors
– High electrical resistivity
– Good thermal conductivity
– No pollution